Under normal circumstances, is NewsBlur real-time?

Under normal performance conditions, is NewsBlur real-time? The FAQ talks about less popular feeds being updated not so frequently. Does this mean it might take days before some feeds update with new articles? Thanks

4 Likes

Yes, in fact, most feeds are back to normal even today. That will undoubtedly slow down on Monday when the work-week crowd comes back, but if a feed says it’s real-time, it should get updated fairly quickly when a new story comes in. The best time I can bring it down to is 5 seconds after being published to updating your unread count.

1 Like

ok - great to know.

I just signed up a few hours ago and for the most part have not seen any updates after the initial sync.

For example, I am running my Google Reader app in parallel and I am not seeing any updates for the past hour on NewsBlur. These are some popular feeds like Mashable, Lifehacker, and Engadget too.

1 Like

PS - Insta-Fetch seems to bring in the new items. If I’m caught by some performance problem because my account is relatively new, I completely understand.

Samuel - Can you clarify if low utilized feeds are updated in real time or on a delay?

If a feed publishes a real-time hub, then it’s real-time too!

ok - I posted my issue as a problem. Unless you started having major performance problems again last night, I may have a problem with my account. NewsBlur is only getting 25% of my new items compared to Google Reader. It seems to be a few hours behind.