Twitter disconnects ~2x/day

A couple of times a day, my twitter connection status changes from this:

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.21.27 PM

…to this:

Once the status changes from “connected”, twitter feeds stop updating.

When I click the newly-green “Find twitter friends” button, the twitter “authorize app” dialog pops up. Once I click “authorize app”, the twitter button changes back to “connected”. I am not re-prompted to enter twitter account credentials.

Once reconnected, all is well for some number of hours, but then it disconnects and stops updating again. This disconnecting behavior is a new and recent phenomenon Is it related to “new” newsblur?

2 Likes

Hello, I’m having this problem as well, and my twitter feeds have stopped updating because of it.

1 Like

Yep, I’m working on it. I don’t know why it’s happening but I just turned off twitter disconnections unless the user has an expired token. That should stop the disconnects but if it doesn’t then I’ll know where to look.

Not sure if that fixed it but it’s looking good so far. Let me know if it disconnects again.

Thank you, that fixed it.

BTW, I notice that the authorization is for www.newsblur.com, making me wonder if the recent subdomain updates may have broken the expiry check.

That’s a good thought but I don’t believe that’s the case. The redirect from www → beta is handled in javascript and only on the homepage, so it’s still running normally. I think some of the twitter disconnects I had in place were too aggressive, but I never figured out exactly which one it was and why, so let me know if Twitter feeds stop coming in. I follow quite a few myself, so I tend to notice as well.

Looking good here, too. Thanks!