Swipe to mark as read - wrong item

Hi, I’ve been having an issue as of upgrading to 11.1 on iOS (iPhone 8).

When swiping left on a story in the All Stories feed, often the marking as read registers on a different item, usually the one that’s two or three down in the list but sometimes above the swiped item.

It’s not every time though - I haven’t worked out the trigger for the issue but it seems to tend to happen early after the feed has refreshed.

Thanks for having a look!

I have also observed this intermittently after updating to 11.1 on an iPhone 8 (running iOS 15.3.1).

Updated to iOS 15.4; issue still occurs intermittently.

Let’s figure this one out. If you have any context clues as to why it’s happening, like just returning to the app and it’s downloading stories, or anything that could help us identify why there’s a disconnect.

This was still happening intermittently on my iPhone 8 for some time but I was never able to identify any consistent way to trigger it. But recently it seems to have stopped - I realized that for the past few days I haven’t seen it happen even once. I’m not sure exactly how long this has been the case so I don’t know whether to credit a change in Newsblur, iOS, or something else. But this might be fixed one way or another as of iOS 15.5 and Newsblur version 11.2.1.

Will report back if I see it start happening again.