Sunset times on focus items?

Do focus items have different sunset times than regular items?

I got behind on my feeds while on vacation and have been counting on the 30+ days of kept items to stay as current as I can. However, it appears that focus items are sunsetting after 14ish days. Is there some setting I’m missing?

1 Like

It’s 30 days for premiums and 14 days for free users. It’s possible you are no longer a premium user, as I have a huge % of users renewing around the beginning of July. There’s no difference between focus stories and standard unread stories.

The main page shows that I have a premium account, as does the Account page under Premium status. However, under the Premium details it says that my account will renew on Sunday, July 13, 2014.

You’re in the 1 month grace period then. Check your spam folder. However, you should still retain 30 day unreads, but you’ll want to get your premium account renewed.

There’s definitely a problem here. In this first screenshot, taken Monday, 2014-07-14, you can see several focus stories from 30 June and 01 July.

In this second screenshot, taken moments ago, you can see that the latest focus stories do not include those from 30 June, nor ones from the 01 July.

I read a couple of them, then marked them as unread, but left others alone.

Anything I can do to help debug this?

So the issue is that only the last 500 stories are saved from that blog, and they publish 500 stories in about 16 days. That’s why, unfortunately.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ll have to keep up on those feeds a little better, I guess.