SAX Exception(553), Feeds marked red

Many of the feeds were marked as Site Misbehaving with a Red Exclamation mark, asking to fix the site. We had to fix each and every site manually. We were not aware why was this issue occured, but it had a serious impact on our clients production. Can you please let us know the reason. There was an showing in the site settings like " SAX Exception(553)…

2 Likes

Are they all Google Alerts feeds?

The one I’m seeing it on is the Google News feed at http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&cf=a… but if you open that address in your browser it appears to be a normal feed (at least as far as I can identify a normal RSS feed)

nope, they all are google news feeds

Yeah, Google News has rate-limited NewsBlur because we’ve been hitting the feeds too often. I turned them off in hopes of getting the feeds turned back on, but that may not happen. I’m working on a fix, but it’s going to take a bit.

Any update on the fix… are you going to turn on the feeds from Google News. Our clients are on our back expecting an update as it is a critical issue which has serious impact on our production.

seems to be coming back now, starting earlier today. Was a change made?