Rendering broken on Android app

The flag does not work for me either. Desactived the standard Chrome app and disabled the flag in the Chrome beta. No change.

2 Likes

Over two months now, and still no resolution. This is beyond maddening.

2 Likes

12 days ago the ETA was “within the week”. Any update?

1 Like

I pushed on our new Android developer to get a resolution. It’s going to take some more work I’m afraid. You can follow the ticket to watch it happen in real-time, for what it’s worth: https://github.com/samuelclay/NewsBlur/issues/1178#issuecomment-492849604.

In fact, I just noticed that Caleb asked me to release a build 2 hours ago. So I’ll get on that now and try to push it out to the beta channel.

1 Like

webview beta 75.0.3770.40 came out today but does not fix it.

1 Like

what/where is the invite to the beta channel, Mr. Clay?

there’s a join beta button in google play on the listing for the app.

doh! my bad.

Ok, this is finally nearing completion. We should have a beta out tomorrow, based on how things are looking.

Unfortunately the fix didn’t work. We’re going to keep iterating on this and I’ll post as soon as we have something. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Looks like our bug is getting attention from Google’s Chromium team, so that’s good news!

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=964594

4 Likes

Just pushed out a new beta (v9.0b2) which fixes this issue. Please let me know if it works for you and then I’ll release to production a day or two later.

1 Like

installed, seems to load stories very quickly, and ‘light’ mode appears correct in my spotchecking. I’ll report back within 24hrs if I see any problems.

success using the new newsblur beta with webview 75.0.3770.51 on my old android 5.1.1

The new beta looks good with light theme.

Fixed. Updated Chrome, installed new Newsblur.

Thank you all for your work fixing this!

Yeah this is a pretty far reaching build and is not limited to just the background color. If stories continue to load and it feels snappier, then I’ll push it out to prod tomorrow!

1 Like

Looks good, Zero issues so far.

Just pushed the build out to production. I’ll give it a day and write up a blog post.