Pitchfork reviews Text view improvements

Hi!

I read album reviews from the music review site Pitchfork, and while the text view works great to read the review content, there are a few pieces of information that I’d love to be included in the view. I’m not sure what that process is like (if the text view parser is totally abstracted, or has adapters for some particular sites), but here’s what a review looks like within Newsblur:

And here’s the page on Pitchfork itself:

The pieces of information that I’d love to see within Newsblur are the album image, the “score” of the album (the number in the circle there on the right), and the capsule review (that first paragraph of larger text).

Here’s the url I’ve been using: https://pitchfork.com/rss/reviews/albums/

Thank you for the consideration!

I’d be happy to support this change if you (or somebody who knows html and JS) can make the change upstream in Mercury Reader. Here’s how to write a custom parser, it’s not terribly difficult:

Oh, awesome, this seems right in my wheelhouse; I’ll take a look! Thanks, Sam!

1 Like

Here’s the pull request for adding a Pitchfork extractor to Mercury Parser. It was, indeed, a piece of cake!

Nice! Did you use a template or another site?

That repo has an excellent yarn command to spin up a new extractor — it creates a stub extractor file and a test file with failing tests; all you have to do is make them pass!