Personalized job feed from Zeit Stellenmarkt (German Job Board) not recognized to be a feed

The following personalized feed seems to work well with the RSS Subscription for Chrome, but I can’t add it to Newsblur, I only get the following error: “This address does not point to an RSS feed or a website with an RSS feed.”

The feed validator also doesn’t recognize this as a feed. It says: “It looks like this is a web page, not a feed. I looked for a feed associated with this page, but couldn’t find one. Please enter the address of your feed to validate.”

1 Like

I tried to maybe convert that feed into a feedburner feed but this didn’t work either. So I’m confused as to why the chrome extension work, but nothing else…

The feed requires you to be logged in to view.  Chrome can access it because it remembers who you are, but NewsBlur and the validator just get sent a login page instead.

Which somewhat defeats the point of making an RSS feed, as it won’t work anywhere outside of a browser.

Thanks! That was way to obvious… I asked them if that’s a bug, or what’s going on… Let’s see.