Change "Only page down in story, do not open next unread story" to stop scrolling at bottom of story

The setting “Only page down in story, do not open next unread story” does not work for me.

• What I expect:
    ** When I turn “Keyboard=>Space=>Only page down in story, do not open next unread story” preference on, and I’m looking at a site in Split + Feed mode, if I keep hitting “Space”, I should eventually reach the end of the story and scrolling should no longer occur.
  • What actually happens:
    ** Scrolling doesn’t stop at the end of the story. It just keeps going and scrolls into (and eventually past) the next unread story.

Here’s my preference:

Here’s a screenshot showing it scrolls into the next one:
Unfortunately as a new user I’m not allowed to include multiple photos… so this one is omitted for now I guess :frowning:

Here’s site settings:
Unfortunately as a new user I’m not allowed to include multiple photos… so this one is omitted for now I guess :frowning:

Here’s the bottom row:

Here’s the info about my browser:

Google Chrome 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision c69c33933bfc72a159aceb4aeca939eb0087416c-refs/branch-heads/4240@{#1149}
OS Linux
JavaScript V8 8.6.395.10
Flash 32.0.0.445 /home/fizzfaldt/.config/google-chrome/PepperFlash/32.0.0.445/libpepflashplayer.so
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36
Command Line /usr/bin/google-chrome --enable-file-cookies --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

Including the missing photos one at a time since they can’t go in the original…
Trying to include the images referenced above…

The bottom row image.

The site settings (maybe relevant?)

Thanks for posting this. Just as a note, I changed the new user photo limit to 10 images. Thanks for letting me know!

As for the scrolling doing what it’s doing, that’s the intention! It’s to allow you to scroll down and read headlines well beyond the story you’ve read. I can see the desire to have it stop though. Where exactly would you want it to stop? Post a screenshot with you manually scrolled to where it should be.