No response when asking for a refund.

My subscription auto-renewed. I haven’t used newsblur in a year, and don’t plan to. How do I get a refund? I sent an email to samuel@ofbrooklyn.com (this was the contact email provided by PayPal) along with a copy of the PayPal transaction AND sent a tweet to @newsblursupport. No response.

1 Like

I reply to every single refund request within 24 hours. Most I handle within the hour. When did you send your request?

date: Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM

There may be some confusion on this one as the email address tagged to the transaction is the correct PayPal address—not the one I emailed with.

I received a notice from PayPal saying: “NewsBlur canceled your automatic payments. This means we’ll no longer automatically draw money from your account to pay the merchant. If you have any questions, you may ask NewsBlur about this cancellation.” That’s cool, but I still don’t see a refund. :slight_smile:

I’ve been at home sick as a dog for three days now. There’s a couple dozen refunds that have piled up and I plan to get to them this afternoon.

Hi, Samuel–Just checking in…I hope you’re feeling better. Thank you for cancelling the recurring payment, but I never did receive a refund on Transaction ID: 23U278671K1585355

Not sure what happened, but I went in to Paypal’s interface and refunded it. Sometimes refunds don’t work, but I try to clean those up when I see them. In your case it looked like it worked the first time. You should now be receiving an email from Paypal.

Thank you, Samuel! :heart: