Newsblur Feeds Automatically Marking Stories As Read -

Hi. I’ve posted this problem multiple times in the old get satisfaction board - it has been going on for months. It still hasn’t been addressed. As this makes me go to the individual sites to read news, newsblur is pretty worthless for me. If you can’t/won’t address this, could you please refund my paid subscription?

To summarize, below is what is going on:

1. New stories on my feeds are automatically being marked as read before I read them
  2. This only seems to happen during the day when I’m at work. At work I run windows on a mac using chrome. I don’t experience the same problem when my computer is off and I only use newsblur on my iphone.
  3. ZeroHedge and Newsblur are examples of the feeds this is happening to.

This is a really frustrating problem because I have to manually review each article to tell if I’ve read this - defeating the main reason I have the service.

Just trying to be helpful here, but I haven’t ever heard or seen of this as a problem with others. Have you tried to eliminate any variables in your own setup? I might suggest trying a guest profile in Chrome (to eliminate an extension) and see if you can duplicate the problem?

Hi Matt. Thanks for the suggestion. I shut down newsblur on Chrome and tried it on Firefox. I barely ever use Firefox and cleared all the cache/history. I get the same exact behavior :frowning:

This is still a problem. Anyone from Newsblur there to help?

Can you share the URL of the feed that’s causing you issues? Here’s the ZeroHedge feed and it shows unread stories as you would expect.

http://www.newsblur.com/site/95462/zero-hedge

Sure. Here’s the URL. http://feeds.feedburner.com/zerohedge/feed

I don’t doubt that it’s working on your end. It indeed works for me at some times too. This only seems to happen during the day when I’m at work. At work I run windows on a mac using chrome. I don’t experience the same problem when my computer is off and I only use newsblur on my iphone.

Jim