I’ve been seeing some strange behavior where sites seem to become invisible after using the Organize Sites tool. It seems like it may be related to moving sites to the top level from a folder, but I’m not positive.
Here are the steps I took:
- Created a new NewsBlur account named “folderbugtesting”.
- Opened the “Add a new site” menu.
- Within that menu, added a new folder named “General”.
- Within that menu, added a subscription to “Best of MetaFilter” in the “General” folder. It shows up properly in the sidebar with some unread posts.
- Opened “Organize Sites”.
- Selected “Best of MetaFilter” and clicked the “Move” button to move it to the top level (since “Top Level” is the default destination).
- Closed “Organize Sites”. “Best of MetaFilter” no longer appears in the sidebar.
Is this a bug, or is there something I’m missing about how “Organize Sites” is intended to work?