Move NewsBlur updates to Mastodon

I had a 502 error when I went to the Newsblur site this morning which is now resolved, but I noticed that the error page suggests checking @Newsblur on Twitter for more information.

Not everyone is on Twitter and, because you need to be signed in to Twitter in order to check the page, this is not very useful.

I know that there is a @Newsblur account on Mastodon. This can be read by anyone, regardless of whether they have an account or are signed in to Mastodon.

Would it be better for the error page to point people towards the Mastodon page rather than the Twitter page?

5 Likes

There was some downtime last night in the middle of the night (due to a faulty mongo analytics server that I’ll be migrating later today). As for updates, I’ve posted to both but I’ll continue to use Twitter because that’s where the majority of people are. Unfortunately you now have to be logged into Twitter to read it, so that’s less useful. Honestly, there aren’t that many status updates to give because downtime is pretty rare these days.

Can you update the error page to also point to your Mastodon account?