Memory leak in browser

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve noticed that NewsBlur has been leaking memory and consuming an unusually high CPU level in Chrome 52.0.2743.116 (64-bit). Like, every morning I have to open the Chrome task manager and kill the NewsBlur tab, which has typically reached 1.5 GB of memory usage since 24 hours earlier when I last killed it. I’ve attached a screenshot of the Chrome task manager showing this. The vast majority of this growth happens overnight when my computer is idle (but not asleep). I searched for similar threads but the only ones that came up were from several years ago.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. 

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, as well.  Yesterday it was at 2.5GB, and happens pretty quickly once the site is open. I’ve seen the behavior in both Firefox and Opera, and it often causes the browser to hang or crash.

Been noticing this for a while in Chrome. I normally notice performance dropping when it hits around 1.5Gb after approx 1 day.

I haven’t caught this in action, so it’s possible it’s limited to a single view. Can you confirm whether or not you are in one view (Full/Split/List/Original) all the time? I have a feeling that the List view is the most performance optimized. Alternatively, the Split view with Single Story Mode on is also quite performant.

Beyond that, I need to confirm that it isn’t these views. If you exclusively use the List view and still have memory problems, I want to know that! It might be related to the real-time routines. 

I am in list view all the time. 

I’m always in Split view with Single Story.

I’m always in Split with single story, too.

I am always in Full view (Feed mode is also set).

happens to me when only using list view, and when only using split view.

Split view, single story.

I’ve posted a similar report some time back as well https://getsatisfaction.com/newsblur/topics/odd-cpu-and-ram-usage

I have a same problem. Here is a memory heap from chrome. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmoebzl8g69dkko/Heap-20170426T114556.heapprofile?dl=0