Mark as read in “Focus” shouldn’t mark all “unread” as read

Currently, if you have a lot of unread articles and you switched to Focus which is about ~80 articles if you “mark as read” in the focus mode it marks all unread articles as read.

There are several previous reports but I could find no solution.

4 Likes

I would love to see this implemented and revisited. Thanks in advance Samuel & Community.

So you’d set a preference for how this works? I don’t know, I’m not convinced this is a good preference to have as it’s confusing and will cause users to mark as read and not realize there’s a whole lot left.

As opposed to marking as read not realizing a bunch of currently not visible items will also be marked as read?

If a user as you say don’t realize there is a whole lot left they’re probably more so confused by the focus modes than the mark all read button.

Only operating on items available in the current focus mode (maybe with exception for disliked) shouldn’t just be an option, it ought to be the default. I pretty much just use unread mode so hadn’t encountered this, if I had I would have been surprised and would probably have made a topic for it.

1 Like