iPad app latency

I have the Newsblur app installed on both my iPhone and iPad. IPhone currently works great. But the app has slowed to a crawl over the last couple of days on my iPad. I have been using the iPad app for at least a couple of years now and this problem arose out of nowhere. In particular, browsing back to the feed lists after viewing an article in the app is taking 5-10 seconds. But the app is also taking additional time to refresh stories and browse in general. Everything else on my iPad is working normally so it seems this problem is specific to the Newsblur app. The app has not updated recently so I am a loss as to what might be causing this. Anybody have any ideas?

We have a huge update coming soon for the iPad. I just started using my iPad a ton and as a result we have a great number of fixes for iPad coming. If you’re a developer, you can load up the iPad app right now for free using Xcode. Otherwise, I expect it to be in the app store by the end of the month.

Just a quick update on this. I haven’t tried the beta yet, but I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Newsblur app. I had the app installed for a long time and it upgraded itself many times over the years, so maybe something got corrupted internally during an update? Anyway, it is running fast now and the latency is gone. Looking forward to checking out the upcoming update so thanks in advance for that.