Hackernews feed disappeared

Happened this morning it was just gone. Tried to add it again but without success.

looks like someone changed the feed address newsblur has listed to something at rsshub.app. i’ll leave @samuelclay to fix it because i can’t see what it was before and i recall ycombinator having a few different addresses for different sortings

This is the feed I’m subscribed to: https://www.newsblur.com/site/6327282/hacker-news

I’ll investigate now to figure out what happened…

ah, somehow what i have is https://www.newsblur.com/site/10015475/hacker-news-rsshub

Fixed. steanne was right: the feed got switched to an RSSHub copy of Hacker News. RSSHub blocks us, so that copy was empty, and about 15,000 readers got moved onto it this morning.

A while back someone changed the address on their RSSHub copy to the real Hacker News URL, and NewsBlur wrongly marked the real feed as belonging to their copy. When RSSHub started failing today, NewsBlur tried to combine the two and kept the broken one.

Everyone is back on the real Hacker News feed now, with read stories and training carried over. I’m also shipping a fix so this can’t happen to other feeds.

1 Like