Feeds not being updated when using NB with 3rd party clients (Reeder/OSX & Unread/IOS ), but are are updated when visiting newsblur.com

Certain feeds not being updated when using NB with 3rd party client (Reeder on OSX or Unread on IOS ), but are are updated when visiting newsblur.com

For example, I haven’t seen new xkcd.com updates in a couple of weeks (only using Reeder & Unread). But, now that I visited newsblur.com, the feed got updated and there are 12 unread items. 

The same happens for other sites. (marco.org, …)

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. What that means is that your unread counts aren’t being updated. But I ensured both Reeder and Unread force unread counts to update. I’ll investigate to see if they’re hitting the right URLs.

So you have probably been using Reeder for over a year. I suggest trying re-adding NewsBlur to force the token to refresh. That did it for me.

Hi Sam, one of my Reeder setups is from early June, the other is relatively ancient (from around the release of Reeder 2), but they behave the same, some updated feeds don’t make it to the clients - and this is actually not the first occurrence of this problem, it already happened a couple of times in the past.