Feed deleted from sidebar, posts still show up in "All Site Stories"

I don’t know if this is related to the problem other people are reporting with deleted feeds showing back up upon page refresh, but: when I delete a feed (using right-click + “Delete Feed” + “Confirm Delete”) and refresh, it doesn’t show up in my list of feeds on the left sidebar but the posts from the feed still show up in my River of News (“All Site Stories”). Since the feed has been deleted from the sidebar, I can’t delete it again, I just have to click through the posts. (In this particular case it’s a blog whose posts have also popped up as Unread after I read them, which makes it super-annoying.)

2 Likes

This is a bug. Right-click on any feed and select settings, and in the dropdown in the upper right corner you should be able to choose this “phantom” feed. Copy the feed URL and add it again; it should show up in the sidebar, where you can delete it again. This time it should be gone for good.

This has worked for the last couple of days, but when I tried to delete a “phantom” feed this morning here’s what happened:

1. Went to “site settings,” selected “(feed name)” from the drop-down menu, copied feed URL.
  2. Went to “add,” added feed.
  3. Manually deleted feed from left sidebar menu.
  4. Latest post from “phantom” feed still showed up in River of News.
  5. Went to “site settings” again, went to drop-down menu, found that “(feed name)” was now listed twice.
  6. Selected one, repeated steps 1-3.
  7. Post still there.
  8. Repeat steps 5-8.

I’ve checked, and the feed URL for both listings in the drop-down menu is identical. So now I have 2 “phantom feeds.” What gives?

Is the website URL identical too? Try changing the feed to another one (any random one will do), then refresh to make sure the address has been changed, then re-add and delete that.