Err_connection_timed_out

After restarting the PC and router, the site loads once and works for a couple of seconds and then there is no response.

Hi, it is entirely possible your IP was banned. Are you running anything out of the ordinary?

Blocked by whom?
Everything works on a mobile phone through another provider. So the home provider is blocking your address?
I am not an expert in these matters.

NewsBlur very well may be blocking your access due to bot like behavior. What’s your IP? And are you doing anything exotic that may have triggered the ban?

IP I won’t be able to watch it until next week.
I work on the watch.

I didn’t do anything exotic

Снимок экрана 2022-06-14 162307

Hello
Dynamic IP address 178.64.78.49

Or maybe my provider is blocking access to your site?

We checked with a friend on his PC with the same provider, everything works. Everything is very strange.

Everything is fine, it works! Thanks!

Hello!
The same thing again. How to fix it?

Strange behavior. Then it loads, then it doesn’t

Hello!
Again there is no access to the site.
Diagnostics gave the following response:
“resource (www.newsblur.com ) is available on the network, but does not respond to connection attempts.
The remote computer does not respond to connections via port 443; the probable reason is security policy settings or firewall, or the computer may be temporarily unavailable. Problems related to the operation of the firewall on this computer were not detected.
Contact the service provider or the owner of the remote system for help or try again later.”

If you connect via VPN, then everything works.

I’m also having the problem where my laptop authenticates into newsblur and shows me news for a short while. Then stops working and if I reload by page I loose my authentication and have to sign in again. I do tend to have newsblur up on a couple of machines around the house and I’m sat behind 217.169.31.45/31. Is there something my laptop is doing that is hitting your anti-bot algorithm? Everything works find from my other PC and my mobile phone.

Regards

Martin

Ohh and I am not seeing an issue with ping, here’s the end of my ping session:

Reply from 159.223.189.24: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=55
Reply from 159.223.189.24: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 159.223.189.24:
Packets: Sent = 50, Received = 50, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 78ms, Maximum = 83ms, Average = 80ms

Regards,

Martin

I have tried a number of other things to fix this myself, including disabling my anti-virus temporarily, stopping the “firewall” built into my anti-virus. I have now added a specific permit into my pfsense firewall rules and that is looking a bit better. Although thinking about it the newblur web server will be responding to my port 443 requests on a high port so I’m not sure if it will turn out to have fixed the problem permenantly.

Martin

Can you share the line you edited to allow NewsBlur, so it can be found in the future by other folks taking a similar path.

Nice to hear from you Mr Clay. Have really enjoyed using NewsBlur over a few years now. My “fix” turned out not to be. I’m convinced there is a misconfiguration of my network at home and I’ll drop a line back here when I work out what it is. My android devices seem fine.

I have apparently sorted this out. I cleared the browser cache and removed all cookies and that seems to have sorted it out. I didn’t do this to start with as I have the problem on both Brave (it’s a browser) and Chrome. I also have the same problem on my windows desktop machine.
I suppose this is something I should try earlier next time.