Embedded video full screen not supported

Sometime within the last several weeks, I’ve lost the ability to make embedded videos full screen within the iOS app on my iPad. If I hit the button to go full screen, I get a little pop up saying “you browser does not support full screen”.

1 Like

What’s your browser? Does it work in another browser?

I think the reference to browser might be a false flag. This is within the NewsBlur iOS app. Normally, Chrome is set as my default browser, but I just tested with it set to both Safari and the internal browser with the same result.

Can you take a screenshot of this popup? I’ve never seen it and I’ve been testing videos on iOS for the new twitter video feature.

Here’s one example. Couldn’t find a non-YouTube one, but will grab an image of that when I do.

Well I’ll be. You’re right! Works on iPhone but on iPad it looks like YouTube is disabling full screen functionality. I don’t think there is anything I can do as the YouTube player itself is preventing full screen.

I came to the same conclusion. Not sure why YouTube is doing this - the net result for me is that I’m watching less YouTube videos. I don’t want to have to leave the app or site that I’m in to go to Youtube’s App or site.

Thanks for looking into it.

1 Like