Developer Hire - to install newsblur

Hi,
Good morning. I am looking to install newsblur as a self hosted site. Planning to take digital ocen or linode for hosting. Is there any developer here who have successfully installed newsblur? I am interested to hire someone who can help install it on my own domain for a community project. If you have experience successfully installing newsblur please contact me :slight_smile:
Thank you!

If anybody takes this offer, I’m also happy to answer questions in terms of getting things running smoothly on your own custom install. There is a bit of networking know-how in order to get your local install available on the public web so you can use it anywhere (including in the official iOS and Android apps), but it’s not complicated and ChatGPT can easily assist in getting the networking working.

1 Like

Thanks. And i would be glad to document it and provide it to the community for anyone who would be interested to do it in future. Also am looking only to install newsblur and not looking for ios or android apps at this point. A simplified version for MVP.

Is newsblur that hard and complex that no developer can work on it? Or is the post pandemic world wherein no one wants to work? lol. Not even one developer response who is interested to take up a freelance project.

Have you looked at the existing documentation?

I am not experienced in tech installations. Hence seeking to hire someone do it for me.

Is there any developer here who have successfully installed newsblur?

Yes, I’ve successfully installed NewsBlur previously for a few clients.

Also contributed a bit to newsblur project in the past(well, it was almost 9 years ago).
See

git log --author=svyrydiuk@gmail.com

for details.

Feel free to ping me if you need help installing/configuring/customizing NewsBlur, including server setup, persistent monitoring, security updates, and troubleshooting.

Hi,

I’ve set up Newsblur a few times for clients, both on Digital Ocean and Linode. It’s a great tool, and I’d be happy to help you get it running for your community project.

You can reach out to me on my email here

Colin

Oh great. I will email you today. We could discuss the details to work on a quote. Thank you!

Sure. Thank you! Will email you the details so we can work on a quote.

I emailed both dev’s above and didn’t get any response back. So, I am still looking. Anyone new seeing this do message me :slight_smile: Thanks.

1 Like