Constant error on Newsblur: "Unresponsive Script"

Hi guys, I’m a paying customer and I LOVE IT overall! One question: A problem happens to me often on Newsblur (by “often” I mean, “approximately every other time I use it”); it gives me a javascript error that a script on the page is being “unresponsive”. Screenshot here: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s295/sh… – Note that I use Firefox, and also note that here in Argentina, the Internet connection is a bit slower than in the US (although not slow nor crawling by any means), in case that’s related to the error. Please let me know if this is a known issue and any solutions you recommend. Thank you!!! morgan

1 Like

Do me a favor and try it on debug.newsblur.com (note, if you’re reading this thread, please do NOT use that URL. It is for internal testing only and uses uncompressed javascript. It’s also very slow, but useful for this type of testing). If you get that error message again, email it to me. It’ll have a line number and file that I can use to figure out what the issue is.

Whoa! It didn’t happen here!!! I’ll try it again later (since the error only happens about half the time) but this is so exciting!

Question: what does it mean that the error wasn’t replicated on the debug server? Will this result in the error being solved on the live server I use?

Thank you!
morgan

Well, the debug server is way slower, so if anything it should happen more often. Try using dev.newsblur.com.

That seems to be working, too. Odd… Not sure what to do if I am to use the main server…

Hi Samuel,
Similar issues here; I’ve not been able to replciate the problem on dev.newsblur or debug.newsblur. I do tend to use the desktop for maintaing my structures - I use the Android App (much more than the desktop) for reading entries

Do not know if it is the same issue or not, but able to trigger the following:
"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.newsblur.com/static/commo…"

Triggers if trying to Shift + Cursor Up/Down from the last available feed with unread items.