Can't send stories to my Facebook page from Android app

Whenever I try to share a story from the Android app to a Facebook page that I manage, I get an error message telling me that the post failed. This started happening about a week to 10 days ago. At first, I thought it was a one-off error, but it happens every time.

1 Like

Noted and added an issue: https://github.com/samuelclay/NewsBlur/issues/650

Nick,

I’m able to share to Facebook timeline from the Android app. Could you provide more detailed steps of how you share and what the error is?

Thanks

I try to share the story to the Facebook app, but I get a message in my status bar saying “Facebook post failed” and an onscreen message saying “The story is no longer available” or something like that. The first time, I thought maybe the story had simply been removed from the website, but it keeps on happening.

Interesting.  The Android app doesn’t generate a message saying “the story is no longer available” anywhere in it.  That is definitely coming from some other app.

Can you share the same story from the NewsBlur Android app to another destination like GMail or SMS or twitter?  Which button/menuitem in the app are you using to share?

I touch the menu button and select “Send to…”, then the Facebook app.