can't collapse folders in sidebar in Chrome

Chrome 25.0.1364.172 on OS X 10.8.3

In the sidebar, hovering over a folder name shows a “minus” icon at the right edge of the folder bar. When trying to hover over that icon, however, the icon disappears so it can’t be clicked on.

5 Likes

It’s possible to work around this if you click on the first few pixels of the left-hand side of the button; but that requires slow, steady mouse control.

Yep, as soon as I wrote this up I noticed that.

I’m super surprised that we are the first to report this issue though.

Hm, is this fixed on dev.newsblur.com now?

Not that I know of. I tried it an hour ago and dev.newsblur.com has the same issue.

Weird, I’m also on Chrome 25.0.1364.172 on OS X 10.8.3 and don’t have this problem. On www.newsblur or dev.newsblur.

Wonder what might cause the problem for some but not others?

Ya, that is odd. I had this problem on the latest Chrome 25 and still also with Chrome 26 (26.0.1410.43). I also see this issue on the latest Safari. And I too am on Mac 10.8.3
-dr

Just realized my Chrome wasn’t up to date. Now on 26.0.1410.43 and still not having the problem described here.

I have this same problem on Safari 6.0.4 OS X 10.8.3.

The problem is bound in some way to the disappearing scroll bars that were introduced in mountain lion. If you force the scroll bars to be always present the bug disappears.

Ah, ok. Thanks, mmarelli.

I had gone through and collapsed all my folders and the buttons began to behave as expected. Now I know it is because the folder list is much shorter and therefore no longer scrolled.