Can't access my feeds in IE8

When I log onto NewsBlur from the computer labs at school using Internet Explorer 8, my list of feeds doesn’t appear in the sidebar. Instead, the sample feed list (presumably Samuel Clay’s) stays on screen.

3 Likes

Okay, I have my feeds now. Apparently, if you leave the Newsblur home page and return enough times, it finally catches up.

This is odd. It’s a caching bug, clearly, but not something that I could duplicate. If it happens again, let me know.

This is also happening to me using IE8 on my locked down tight work system. The error message from the little icon in the bottom left of the screen is:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Tablet PC 1.7; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1)
Timestamp: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:25:26 UTC

Line: 869
Char: 247
Code: 0
URI: http://www.newsblur.com/static/common…

I’ve tried waiting, but lasted about 2 hours I think before giving up. I’ll see if I can wait longer, but any news on this would be appreciated.

Have you tried using Chrome Frame? As far as I know you can install it without admin privileges.
http://code.google.com/chrome/chromef…

Chrome Frame is a great option, but as for the issue you’re describing, I can’t repro it. But I’m using IE9. Have you tried on another machine?

It must be the archaic work system that I have to be part of, as I’ve installed Chrome Frame and it works as on certain pages a right click of the mouse gives a menu with About Chrome Frame in it. I have a laptop as a desktop so have tried another laptop and two other desktop computers - all have the same issue - I can read the feed on the general page, but as soon as I log in to see my feed, it is blank with the error icon in the bar below. Bugger! To use my mobile is not an option due to my data plan. I’m no technical geek, just an avid user, but could that right side pane be converted to some other technology like say HTML5?