Android:

Hello,

After getting a new phone I figured I’d go and give the original newsblur app a try. I’ve been using GrazerRSS before and liked it a lot. The things I’m missing in the app are the ability to switch to the original website within the app or view the website by default as you can with the webbased version of newsblur. And I’d like the possibility to be able to zoom in on articles and pictures within the app.

I hope these features will be added, that way I can stay with the original newsblur app and won’t have to use a third party app.

Thank you

app version: 6.1.0
android version: 7.0 (NRD90M.G955FXXU1AQH3)
device: samsung SM-G955F (universal8895)
sqlite version: 3.9.2
username: splungedude
server: default
memory: normal
speed: 167 feeds in conn:832 read:157 parse:49 store:52
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: yes
prefetch: yes
notifications: yes
keepread: no
thumbs: yes

1 Like

Since you are running on Android 7.0, unless Samsung has messed with default system behaviour, when you tap the title of a story the original story should open in a fully-functioning Chrome tab within the NewsBlur app.  (Google didn’t do a great job of explaining that this is what is happening on newer versions of Android, since it happens almost too seamlessly?)  There are still some limitations imposed on us like losing the NewsBlur overlay and menus and requiring us to hit the back button before more left/right swiping, but it should be much faster than the old way of opening the link in a full external browser.

Getting zoom to work within the swipe-able list of stories is unfortunately a bit of a dead-end.  I’d love to have this, too, but on many devices, the phone just can’t figure out if we are trying to zoom or scroll or swipe left/right and fails miserably.  You can now at least adjust text sizing while reading.  If the majority of phones ever get to a point where zooming works sensibly, we could consider adding an option to enable it.