Android NewsBlur & Ghostery Switching Issue

This problem occurs on Android 5.0.1 on a Moto X (2014) using NewsBlur v4.0.2 and Ghostery v1.0. I’m not sure if this is a NewsBlur issue or a Ghostery issue and will post a bug-report with Ghostery for Android as well.

I will open a story from NewsBlur in Ghostery and the story will load fine. If in Ghostery, on the story I just opened, I click “Back” to go back to NewsBlur, all is fine. The problem is if I get out of Ghostery (for instance by going to the launcher with the home button), then click on the NewsBlur icon from the launcher, Ghostery will load, not NewsBlur.

To remedy the error, I have to close out of Ghostery (using the task switcher and swiping away solves the problem).

The problem in a chart:

1. Open a story from NewsBlur in Ghostery.
  2. Exit Ghostery.
  3. Click NewsBlur icon -> Ghostery loads.
1 Like

We’re working on improving the logic behind opening Ghostery from other apps, so this should improve in the future.

If you open a link in ghostery, close it and go back to newsblur(ghostery pops up), does pressing the back button a few times not take you back to newsblur?

If you open a link in ghostery, close it and go back to newsblur(ghostery pops up), does pressing the back button a few times not take you back to newsblur?

You are correct in this condition will cause me to go back to NewsBlur. This is just not the expected behavior. What I would expect from Chrome is the tab with the NewsBlur article would then be closed on the back exit to NewsBlur.

Thank you for following up.