Android: in-article menu mark as read

Quick suggestion:

When reading an article, in the three-dot menu on the top-right, there is a “mark as unread” shortcut. This is always “mark as unread” even if the article is still unread.

Could it be tweaked to say “mark as read” if the article is currently unread, and “mark as unread” only if the article is read?

Use-case:
I disable all automatic “mark as read” settings so that if an article is marked as read I know it is because I manually marked it that way. Otherwise things might accidentally get marked as read and I wouldn’t be able to trust the unread/read status so we’ll as a “have I processed this” flag.

Right now the only in-article manual way to mark as read that I have found is to scroll to the bottom of the article. This can be a bit annoying for long articles. Changing this setting as I described above would give me a way to mark as read without leaving the article view or having to scroll all the way down. It would also be a minor ux improvement in general since right now the menu item is just a redundant entry when the article is unread. Making it a toggle instead would be a bit more polished in my opinion.

Thank you for the wonderful service and app, too!

app version: 12.1.1
android version: 13 (TP1A.220624.014)
device: Google Pixel 5a (barbet)
sqlite version: 3.32.2
username: Bakeshop3762
server: default
speed: 25 feeds in conn:237 read:10 parse:4 store:10
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: no
prefetch: yes
notifications: no
keepread: no