Android: Can't distinguish tag training if colorblind

Color indicators for training don’t work for people who see only in grayscale or use their phones in grayscale mode. When training an article, there is no indication that a thumbs up or down has been chosen. Everything is the same shade of gray.

app version: 7.1.0
android version: 6.0.1 (23.5.A.1.291)
device: Sony D5803 (MSM8974)
sqlite version: 3.8.10.2
server: default
memory: normal
speed: 412 feeds in conn:5442 read:174 parse:157 store:125
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: yes
prefetch: yes
notifications: no
keepread: no
thumbs: yes

1 Like

Hi Susannah, this is has been noted before. I’m not sure what to change since it would affect all three platforms: web, iOS, and android. An icon might be helpful but I worry that would clutter up the story header.

So with the colors that are being used now, there is absolutely no way to tell if a thumbs up or thumbs down is selected or not. I don’t know the right color words for this, but the red and green you’re using right now have the same “brightness.” You could use red and green still, but pick a red and green with different brightness, like what they describe in this stackexchange answer.

Hey, I know this is an odd place to ask but because I just switched over to a new support forum I’m wondering, did you just use the forgot password flow to login to your account with your email?

Yep! I tried to use my password for the old get satisfaction forum at first and when that didn’t work I used the forgot password link.

Looks like the new forum lost some posts from GetSat so I’ll briefly repeat what I said before - working on a quick fix for this for the very next Beta and then will look into a better long-term solution this coming month.

Yeah, the migration took a few days, so I lost the last 5 days worth of posts.