Android: Can story titles maintain position as new stories are loaded?

I need the story/headline list (or at least the selected story in the list) to hold its position when the list autorefreshes. Barring that, I need minimally a manual-only refresh option.

Not interested in other work-arounds.

Constantly losing my place, searching for where i was reading when autorefresh started.

Quite taken aback that this was not part-and-parcel of the app - let alone the premium priced sub.

app version: 11.0
android version: 9 (PPR1.180610.011.G955USQU8DUD3)
device: samsung SM-G955U (msm8998)
sqlite version: 3.22.0
username: wry6read
server: default
speed: 275 feeds in conn:648 read:27 parse:72 store:83
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: yes
prefetch: no
notifications: no
keepread: no
thumbs: yes

I believe the Android app does maintain the current story title selection within the viewport. As you scroll through stories and return to the story titles list, you should see the current story correctly selected. It’s that way on web and ios as well as Android.

Thanks Samuel. Not sure what the viewport is, but if you mean the frame in which the story/feed appears, we’re talking about different things. My concern is that the story list, which appears in a column to the left of that frame, drastically repositions the selected list item (apparently bc autorefresh inserts new stories above it, depending on sorting). The selected list item for the story I’m reading may remain selected on autorefresh, but it jumps (down, presumably) and usually out of the visible portion of my list column. Can’t the refreshed list be positioned so the selected item returns to the same positions on the screen? 3 screnshots: list column showing selected story; screen following autorefresh; 4 screens down, I find the selected item.

Meanwhile, 4 screens down

Since I haven’t changed my selection I’d prefer if image 2 showed this segment of the story list.

Oh I see. There is no autorefresh feature, what’s happening is that you’re seeing the cached, local copies of stories on your device while NewsBlur fetches the latest stories. On iOS we have a small notification at the bottom of the view that shows this happening. We don’t have it on Android but we should.

As for scrolling, that’s the nature of new stories coming in. I suppose we could keep your position and if you haven’t scrolled, keep you where you are. But the point of going into a feed is seeing the latest top stories.

If you’re really opposed to stories moving, you might want to read by Oldest First, which would solve this problem.

Thank you Samuel.