Android App Crashing After Update

I received the June Android security update and the latest NewsBlur app update at nearly the same time a couple weeks ago on my Pixel 7. Since then the app repeatedly crashes after using it for a few minutes. I just wanted to report this and see if others are having the same issue or know of a fix. Thanks.

What the Android version you’re using? @andrei

I’m on the latest stable Android 14. After posting this I got the July update. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I had cleared cache before but not reinstalled. So I’ll let you know if the issue persists.

I was using the beta to solve the same issue but the app already crashed 3x this morning. Also on pixel 7, android 14.

Update: Yes, it is still crashing after the July Android 14 update and reinstalling the app. Up until recently I don’t remember it ever crashing. Thanks.

Are you getting the crash dialog or does the app freeze? @JeremyCouch

I couldn’t replicate it yet on a Pixel 7 with May and June security updates

@CanadianAlcyone Could you please submit a bug report from within the app after a crash?
On the main page, click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner → Send app feedback → Email a bug report. This will open the email client and attach some logs from your device which might contain information about what you’re seeing. That would be helpful to gather more insight!

It just freezes and forces me to wait or close. It happens sporadically after using it for several minutes usually. When it happens it’s always when I click on a title to open the website in Chrome. When I tap nothing happens like it didn’t register my tap and then I get the wait or close dialog.