sqlite version: 3.8.10.2
username: vgivanovic
memory: normal
speed: 65 feeds in conn:734 read:6 parse:49 store:53
pending actions: pre:0 post:0
premium: yes
prefetch: no
keepread: no

I’m trying to add a feed, so I press “+”, enter a search term "ProPublica, choose the first entry and answer “Yes” to the dialog box which asks if I want to add that feed. Then, after some UI activity (horizontal bar flashing colors), nothing. I can’t find what that feed anywhere.

I’m expecting an error message, the feed appearing in the currently open folder, out the feed appearing at the top level. I get nothing.

1 Like

It looks like that particular feed (the first search result for “propublica”) hasn’t had any new stories since May of 2015.  Since none of the stories are new enough to be unread, the feed has zero unreads and doesn’t show up in the list of unread feeds.  If you switch over to “ALL” on the feed list, it is there.

User experience with Add feed on Android is generally very confusing without proper feedback.

Definitely willing to entertain any ideas around how to make this situation better.  I just tried adding that feed on the web, and it does pretty much the same thing - adds it without error, and the feed never shows up in the feed list due to the lack of new stories.  I am not sure what is the right thing to do here - the best idea I have would be a warning of some sort if you add a feed that might be inactive or defunct?  I will need to check what the search API provides to see if maybe there is any metadata we could use to hide very-likely-defunct feeds, but that runs a risk of filtering out valid but very inactive ones that people really do want?