All italicized

Everything on my Newsblur page is italicized. I’m using Chrome at work, but also am using Chrome at home and I don’t have that problem. Is there a way to change this?

1 Like

Err, is this still the case? I can’t imagine it’s still happening, but if it is I’d love to find out why. Can you tell me your username if it is still happening?

My user name is hewood. And it seems things have shifted. It used to be that my entire homepage was italicized. Now, the information under “Getting Started”, “What’s New,” and “Recommended Site” is italicized and I don’t mind that. I’m not sure if that is the way it always was. To the left of that is my blogs list and only the heading "Global Shared Stories, “All Site Stories,” and “Saved Stories” are italicized.

Here’s the problem and I don’t think it used to be this way. When I click on one of the blogs that I want to read, and it opens in the center section, the text is all italicized. I can click on the small “feed” tab or the small “text” tab and it stays the same. Maybe it was always like that, but I just don’t remember it that way.

I’m using Chrome on my work computer. I also use Chrome on my home computer but it is not italicized. When I use IE9, nothing is italicized and frankly it looks so much better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I’m not seeing italics, but everything appears to be bolded now. I was not seeing it last night.

I normally use Firefox; I went over to the site in Chrome and the fonts were weird there, too.

Do you use Adobe CS4 perchance? If so this might be relevant: https://getsatisfaction.com/newsblur/…

No, I don’t have Adobe CS4. Thanks for the research, though.

Okay, it appears something I had installed yesterday had mucked with some of the Lucida fonts. After deleting and reinstalling Lucida Sans Unicode, Newsblur is back to normal.

Hooray!