Add New Site Issue

I’m sorry if this comes off as a basic question, but I would like to understand what the requirements are for an RSS feed to be successfully added. I am new to using feeds but not to computer networking and I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong here. I ran into a problem copying and pasting the RSS feed link for a custom Craigslist search and I can’t figure out why it’s saying “This address does not point to an RSS feed or an address with an RSS feed”. Other Craigslist feed URLs seem to be working, but not the one for my custom search.

Please help. I already spend half my life as it is fixing computer issues that are my responsibility and I really don’t want to spend the other half of my life outside of work fixing all the problems that are not … I’m sure a developer can relate …

ah, craigslist is cranky. you might well be doing everything right.

Maybe, but I did notice a difference with an additional number sequence in mine: https://kansascity.craigslist.org/search/hhh?**availabilityMode=0&excats=2-17-21-1-17-7-34-22-22-1&**format=rss&

Could that be a problem?

(EDIT: without the above asterisks - that was my attempt to highlight and bolden text)